When Dunning Science Hall opened in 1940, it helped the College build upon its strong reputation for teaching in the natural sciences.
The Alonzo G. Decker Jr. Laboratory Center, located on the ground floor of Dunning Hall, opened in 1988 and was recently renovated. Together, Decker Center and Dunning Hall are part of a complex devoted to the sciences, housing classrooms, labs, and offices for the mathematics, physics, and psychology departments.
Laboratories facilities on the ground floor include:
- Social Psychology Laboratory
- Sensation and Perception Laboratory
- EEG and Eye-movement Laboratory
- Health Psychology Laboratory
- Psychological Testing and Behavioral
- Assessment Laboratory
In addition to these laboratories, a 40 seat computer classroom is located at the west end of the wing.
The remainder of Dunning Hall houses faculty offices, classrooms, and laboratory space.